Micro Needling – Dermapen
Micro Needling – Dermapen are terms used for the process to create micro-injuries to the skin to encourage and harness the power of the body’s innate ability to repair the skin through the normal physiology of the skin.
Excellent for acne scarring, stretch marks, open pores, pigmentation, sun damage, sagging skin and rejuvenation. Micro Needling is a safe and increasingly popular skin renewal technique to restore the healthy youthful appearance of your skin at a fraction of the cost of comparable treatments and with minimal or zero downtime.
Micro Needling produces comparable results to ‘ablative techniques’ such as lasers, and deep chemical peels, but is much less invasive and does not require the removal of the skin surface. Healing time is shorter and there is no post-treatment sensitivity to UV light. Skin needling produces better results than other “non-ablative techniques” with virtually no pain or post-treatment discomfort. It is also one of the few skin therapies that is suitable for treating all skin types, including ethnic skin and fragile skin around the eyes, mouth, hands, neck and décolletage.
How does Micro Needling Work?
Dermapen micro needling pen uses multiple needles that vertically pierce the skin and create thousands of micro-injuries which encourage the body’s ability to re-grow and repair itself naturally. The automatic vibrating function of the Micro Needling Dermapen increases the effectiveness of skin treatments by increasing absorption of products (hyaluronic acid and collagen are commonly used). As a result, new collagen and elastin is formed to reduce wrinkle depth, increase skin elasticity and improve the appearance of scars and other skin flaws.
This concept of skin micro needling is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy. Immediately after an injury occurs to the skin, the body removes the damaged collagen, elastin and other structures which are then replaced by new components. Micro needling allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair mechanism by creating micro-injuries which trigger new collagen synthesis, yet does not pose the risk of permanent scarring. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin.
Results can be quite spectacular. Current offer for 2021 £155 for face
What Results Can I Expect?
Visible signs of skin rejuvenation are usually seen after just 6 weeks following the treatment and continue to improve for up to a year or more. It is recommended that a minimum course of 3 skin needling treatments is undertaken at 6 week intervals to achieve optimum results.
For ageing skin
- Restores skin firmness and tightness to flacid skin.
- Thickens the dermis and enhances dermal compactness.
- Smoothes away wrinkles, lines, folds and crow’s feet.
- Improves skin texture.
- Improves the appearance of large pores
- Improves the appearance of ageing decolatage
- Reduces the appearance of atrophic and hypertrophic scars.
- Improves scars caused by chicken pox and acne.
- Relaxes old scars.
- Improves old surgical scars.
- Lightens pigmentation marks.
For stretch marks and cellulite
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks.
- Improves the appearance of cellulite.
Advantages over other skin treatments
- Short healing time
- Minimal down time (24 hours)
- Minimal discomfort post-treatment
- Cost effective alternative to laser, e.g. Fraxel
- Minimal discomfort
- Minimal or no side effects
- NO skin damage (epidermis left intact)
- NO skin sensitivity to UV light (although sun exposure is not recommended immediately after treatment)
- NO risk of permanent skin discolouration
- Suitable for all skin types
- Suitable for thin skin
- Sterile device
- Can be used on the face and body
- Can be used on thin skin treated with chemical peels and laser
To enhance the skin repairing and growth repair of the skin further, PRP can be introduced with micro needling as shown with the PRP “Vampire” facial
- Full Face Treatment £225 - Offer price £155
- Full Face Course of 3 £595 -Offer price £450
- Stretch Marks £to be advised
- Neck and Decolatage £200
- Neck and Decolage Course of 3 £525
- Small Patch or Eye area only £80
- Small Patch or Eye area only Course of 3 £199