Skin needling is a safe and increasingly popular skin renewal technique to restore the healthy youthful appearance of your skin at a fraction of the cost of comparable treatments and with minimal or zero downtime.
Skin needling produces comparable results to ‘ablative techniques’ such as lasers, dermabrasion and deep chemical peels, but is much less invasive and does not require the removal of the skin surface. Healing time is shorter and there is no post-treatment sensitivity to UV light. Skin needling produces better results than other “non-ablative techniques” with virtually no pain or post-treatment discomfort. It is also one of the few skin therapies that is suitable for treating all skin types, including ethnic skin and fragile skin around the eyes, mouth, hands, neck and décolletage.
How does Skin Needling Work?
The micro-needles penetrate the top layers of the skin and create pin-point injuries in the deeper layers. This triggers the body’s natural wound healing response. As a result, new collagen and elastin is formed to reduce wrinkle depth, increase skin elasticity and improve the appearance of scars and other skin flaws. The concept of skin needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy) is based on the skin’s natural ability to repair itself whenever it encounters physical damage such as cuts, burns or other abrasions. Immediately after an injury occurs to the skin, the body removes the damaged collagen, elastin and other structures which are then replaced by new components. Skin needling allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair mechanism by creating micro-injuries which trigger new collagen synthesis, yet does not pose the risk of permanent scarring. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin. Results can be quite spectacular.
What Results Can I Expect?
Visible signs of skin rejuvenation are usually seen after just 6 weeks following the treatment and continue to improve for up to a year or more. It is recommended that a minimum course of 3 skin needling treatments is undertaken at 6 week intervals to achieve optimum results.
For ageing skin
- Restores skin firmness and tightness to flaccid skin.
- Thickens the dermis and enhances dermal compactness.
- Smoothes away wrinkles, lines, folds and crow’s feet.
- Improves skin texture.
- Improves the appearance of large pores
- Reduces the appearance of atrophic and hypertrophic scars.
- Improves scars caused by chicken pox and acne.
- Relaxes old scars.
- Improves old surgical scars.
- Lightens pigmentation marks.
For stretch marks and cellulite
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks.
- Improves the appearance of cellulite.
Advantages over other skin treatments
- Short healing time
- Minimal down time (24 hours)
- Minimal discomfort post-treatment
- Cost effective alternative to laser, e.g. Fraxel
- Painless (topical anaesthetics can be used)
- Minimal or no side effects
- NO skin damage (epidermis left intact)
- NO skin sensitivity to UV light
- NO risk of permanent skin discolouration
- Suitable for all skin types
- Suitable for thin skin
- Sterile device
- Can be used on the face and body
- Can be used on thin skin treated with chemical peels and laser
- Full Face Treatment x1 £165
- Full Face Course of 3 £425
- Stomach for Stretch Marks x1 £200
- Stomach Course of 3 £500
- Neck and Decolatage x1 £200
- Neck and Decolage Course of 3 £500
- Small Patch or Eye area only x1 £80
- Small Patch or Eye area only Course of 3 £200